I already have a Professional Eligibility Certificate; Do I have to apply for a new certificate?

Yes, a PEC is only issued by the Maryland State Department of Education to an individual who is not employed by a local school system. Educators who are contractually employed by HCPSS are required to hold a Standard Professional Certificate (SPC) or Advanced Professional Certificate (APC), if eligible. To transition to an SPC or APC certificate, you must submit an application to renew your unexpired certificate in TEACH.