How will I get paid if I am out of work due to a work-related injury?

Any compensation for lost time due to a work-related injury must be supported by an off-duty status by an industrial clinic (i.e.:  Concentra Medical Centers, Patient First, Express Care, etc.) or other health clinic. Failure to substantiate time away from work by way of proper medical certification (either a work status from an industrial clinic or completed HCPSS Return-To-Duty form) may result in the forfeiture of benefits for full pay under the HCPSS 90-day benefit.

If you will be off work for an extended period of time, the Workers’ Compensation Specialist will take the lead to place you on paid leave in Workday. No sick/personal time will be used during the HCPSS 90-day benefit period, as long as proper documentation is provided and/or the claim has not been denied.